Korting voor forumleden. Klik hier voor meer informatie.

Auteur Topic: Romeinse ijzeren Draaisleutel met haakse baard.  (gelezen 1074 keer)

JozefHerman

• Gast
Romeinse ijzeren Draaisleutel met haakse baard.
« Gepost op: mei 29, 2019, 11:54:00 am »
Romeinse IJzeren sleutel.
 Afmeting: 7 cm. lengte

de werking van deze ijzeren Draaisleutel ging gepaard met het Slot zoals op de tekening te zien is en omschreven Type 2, double bolts

Type 2, double bolts http://romanlocks.com/Chestlocks.htm#Plates_and_Groups

Double bolts for top-opening containers are most interesting of all, in that they offer several more features that are not yet understood (by me). For chests using double hasps, the tail of the bolt is extended and recurved to catch the right-hand hasp.The configuration

is the same for all double bolts in this collection; the working head extends only about 40% across the width of the bolt.
All the heads on double bolts that I have seen are either narrowed or split. I believe that the purpose of a split head on a boltis simply to modify a stock design to fit into the loop on the hasp of a top opening casket rather than into the keeper on a sideopening chest.

The image at left shows a double bolt with key in place (Osnabrueck)  Views from the top are: bottom, front side, top.
The image at right shows a reconstruction of the operation of a mechanism using this type of bolt (Reich).e image at left shows a double bolt with key in place (Osnabrueck).  Views from the top are: bottom, front side, top.

There is another interesting feature that I've observed about double bolts. Most of the examples, including some not in this collection, are curved, and always in the same direction. At first I thought that they got bent when the barbarians smashed the lock! Or after the owner lost the key and ditto. After seeing so many, though, I think they were made that way deliberately

for containers with curved surfaces.  However, if they did really conform closely to surfaces, the containers would be unreasonably large, probably much larger than capsae. Also, I haven't seen any curved cover plates.

There is also the question of the high ridges that appear on some bolts. From my limited experience, it seems that they are much more common on double bolts than on single ones. I can only speculate that they are wards, requiring a key with an unusual shape.

Sloten werden toen meestal van ijzer gemaakt en sleutels vaak van brons. Van de ijzeren sloten bleef in de grond maar weinig over, maar wel vinden we veel bronzen sleutels terug. We merken hierbij op dat het dragen van een sleutel in die tijd soms een statussymbool was en er daarom ook (bronzen) sleutels werden gemaakt als sieraad.

We kennen uit de Romeinse tijd haaksleutels, hefschuifsleutels, steeksleutels, draaisleutels en ringsleutels.

Periode: Romeinse tijd: 12 vC - 450 nC
Sleutel (onderdeel)
IJzeren draai sleutel met haakse baard.http://www.archeologischdepotutrecht.nl/vindplaatsen/bunnik-vechten-fort-vechten-1995-1996/sleutel/

Misschien was het een Kastslot ?

Beetje druk nietwaar? Alles was kleurig, vol en kriebelig. Er was niet veel meubilair maar toch leek het huis nooit leeg. Alle wanden waren net als hierboven te zien beschilderd en op de  vloeren waren vaak prachtige mozaďeken. Ook de plafonds waren helemaal beschilderd zoals je kunt zien in de weinige stukken plafonds die
bewaard zijn gebleven. Waarschijnlijk kwam je ogen tekort om alles te zien.
http://www.romeinspompeii.net/interieur.html